Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 15: A day at the race track

So today was supposed to be you favorite Tumblrs. Well I have no idea what that is...so I'm going to write about my day yesterday at the race track.
Yesterday was the first track day of the year for my husband Josh. He got up and left by 6am to be there for check in, inspection, and safety meetings. I decided to let Ruby sleep and meet him up there. We left the house around 9am and got there with plenty of time. Josh's first run wasn't until 10:30, and we arrived at 9:45. While we were waiting for him to go I caught up with my mother in law who was there with my father in law and my step son Ryan. (She takes him on off weekends to not take time away from us.) So Ruby got to hang out with her brother, which was an added bonus. 
There was also a Make A Wish event going on which I got to partake in because I have had a wish. 10:30 comes around and we went and watched Josh go around the track. He's good :) He gets 4 runs during a track day and he rocked them all. 
The Make A Wish event started at 12:30, and I got to go around the track with my father in law because he's an instructor. The drivers were not aloud to go over sixty but it was still cool to see the track and be a part of something so cool. Ryan even got to go around the track because he's part of my family. He loved it! Ruby slept through the entire thing, and some of the cars were crazy loud! 
We had lunch after the wish runs and then the guys had to get ready to go back out. Josh had 2 runs in the afternoon, we stayed until he was going out for the last one. It started to pour so Ruby and I decided to call it a day. We watched Josh go around the track once from the car and then we heading out to go make dinner. 
It was a great day. Everyone had a blast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment