Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Morning Cartoons

When Ryan is over for the weekend I end up watching cartoons for a while in the morning. And I must say there are some strange shows out now. There are some educational ones but some make me feel dumber after watching them. For instance we watched Paw Patrol today which is about a group of dogs that get called when people need help. It's not educational in the sense that it teaches them spelling or grammar but it does teach the kids team work, helping others and problem solving. It's just a bonus that it's about dogs :) We also watched Dora the Explorer. That show teaches you Spanish and she also asks for your help. She stops and waits far to long for you to answer, and it gets creepy. But she's actually teaching the kids something for I can deal with the staring contest.
One show that Ryan loves and I drives me insane is Spongebob Squarepants. Watching that makes you dumber, there is no educational value whatsoever. And his laugh omg the laugh. I can't even talk about it anymore....
Rubys favorite show, well at least I think her favorite show, is Bubble Guppies. She really watches it and smiles. It's about mermaids and they go to school everyday and learn new things. Ryan enjoys it too so that's a plus. 
Cartoons are nothing like they use to be when I was little. Things have changed a lot and not all for the best. But as long as I don't have to watch Spongebob today I am a happy camper!
The kiddos watching TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment