Saturday, March 29, 2014

Baby Proofing

Well the time has come that I have to start baby proofing the house. Ruby is now mobile. She started off rolling to where she wanted to go and now she's crawling and standing herself up. So today is the day that the crib gets lowered and baby proofing begins. 
I thought I had months before this started but she is ready to go. Sick of sitting around waiting :) Now comes the challenging part, what really needs to be done. The cabinets in the kitchen do not have knobs, and I have a hard time opening them (the cats don't though, that's a story for another time). I have broken more nails trying to get silverware than I can count. So the kitchen is good. Open wall sockets have been covered, so I guess it's on to the pointy stuff. Like the tables and the fireplace. I mean how can you baby proof the fireplace?!? I've been using pillows for now seen as how she isn't too fast yet. 
I guess the plan would be to keep an extra eye on her, which I don't take my eyes off her now anyway. I've tried putting her in her playpen and she wants no part of it. It's too restricting. She needs to be able to move. 
I have a feeling I am going to have my hands full with this little girl. She's only 7 1/2 months and she's already keeping me on my toes! But I wouldn't have it any other way. 
Now off to get ready for our family weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment