Sunday, May 18, 2014

Drag N Fly 5k

What an awesome day! Ruby and I walked a 5k in Deerfield. It raises money for the local Preschool and Make a Wish. It was suppose to rain all day but at 9am it stopped, which was when we got to the starting line. The vet clinic I use to work for sponsors it so they have a team every year. And they let me be part of it. I walked it with the boss Jenni, my friend Heidi and one of the Drs husbands Chris and his adorable puppy. Dr Kim and Jen were part of the team also but they ran...I would not have made it running haha.
It was a tough course! A lot of up hill. Thank goodness I had Jenni and Heidi helping me with Ruby in the stroller :) she getting heavy after pushing her up hill for a mile! Of course Ruby napped and just relaxed as we all sweated up a storm. 
It was a great morning. I got to catch up with some really good friends and exercised! We crossed the finish line at 57 minutes...not too shabby :)
Kim, Ella(dog), Chris, Jenni, me, Ruby, Heidi, Jen and Brody(dog). 

No comments:

Post a Comment