Thursday, June 12, 2014

Every child should have a pet

When my step son started coming over he was 3 years old. From the first time he walked in the house him and my dog Nikko were inseparable. He helps feed the dogs and likes letting them out. Ryan is very helpful with the animals.
I've been waiting to see who Ruby will be drawn too. When she was little everyone thought she was wonderful. Now that she can crawl and move a lot more the dogs tend to run away. They don't enjoy getting their tails pulled. But the cats are still very patient with her. Especially Buttons. He will sit with her while she's playing and even lets her "pet" him. She hasn't quite figured that out yet so it's more like hitting and pulling. We are working on it. But he doesn't run he lays there and takes it. He has claimed her as his little human :) 
I remember growing up always having a dog. Dogs were and still are a huge part of my life. I have never not had a dog sleep at the bottom of my bed. Having animals growing up taught me how to be compassionate and helped me be responsible. Plus you always have a great friend waiting at home for you to give you licks. Animals have a way of making everything better. And that is why I will always have more than one animal in the house at all times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment