Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Being a mom of two young kiddos

I remember when I was pregnant with my son, someone told me that it would be pretty much the same once he got here. They said what's adding one more? Well adding one more completely changed everything, changed our whole family dynamic. There is no mom time anymore. When one is sleeping the other one is up. Once Ruby goes to bed Max decides it's go time. Everything takes an hour longer. There's no grabbing a juice and walking out the door with my toddler. Having an infant and toddler is tough.
At the moment it is midnight, and Max just decided to get up. He will be up till at least 2 AM. This is just what he does. But it's ok, my body is slowly getting used to 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night, and then going flat out until the following night. 
Today I had time to clean the kitchen. I was so happy with myself that I squeezed some cleaning in to our busy day. That was short-lived, when I walked into the bathroom and saw how messy it was. Totally crushed me. 
Two kids so much harder than one. I love them so much, so it's so worth it. Plus I heard it gets easier. Just take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment